ONLY £12.75 PER TEST
Reasons to Buy Healgen Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test Kit (Box of 20 tests)
- It is intended to aid in the rapid diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections
- Approved by Public Health England & validated by the UK government
- Rapid testing for SARS-CoV-2 antigen
- Results within 15 minutes
- Facilitates patient treatment decisions quickly
- Simple, time-saving procedure
- All necessary reagents provided & no equipment needed
- High sensitivity and specificity
About Healgen Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test Kit (Box of 20 tests)
This swab test is intended for the rapid detection of COVID-19
- The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) does not differentiate between SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2.
- Each kit contains everything required to carry out the tests, no additional equipment is needed.
- Each kit includes clear instructions and is easy to use.
The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test is one of only three UK Government approved Rapid Antigen Test. It is in high demand from schools, councils and companies.
- This test is being rolled out by the UK government to mass test the population in Liverpool and other cities, See www.gov.uk for more information (test 3 on the list).
- This test is designed for use by clinical professionals (eg Doctor/Practice Nurse/Employer Occupational Health depts etc).
- An application for exceptional use of a COVID-19 rapid test, to be used by members of the public for home use, was approved on the 23rd December 2020 by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), See www.gov.uk for details.
- Positive Percent Agreement (PPA): 97.3%
- Negative Percent Agreement (NPA): 99.6%
- Overall Percent Agreement (OPA): 98.9%
- Specimen: Nasopharyngeal (NP) Swab
- Time to Results: 15 minutes
- Shelf Life: usually 24 months from the date of manufacture
Each kit contains
- 20 Test cassettes
- 20 Sterile swabs
- 20 Extraction tubes and dropper tip
- 1 Workstation
- 2 Buffers
- 1 Package insert
- The Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) has been evaluated with specimens obtained from patients.
- A commercialised molecular assay was used as the reference method.
- The results show that the Healgen Covid-19 Antigen Test (Swab) has a high overall relative accuracy.
Healgen Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Test Kit (Box of 20 tests) are popular with
The Healgen Covid-19 testing kit is a lateral flow antigen test. These rapid tests are the same type of test that is being used around the UK to reduce the spread of the virus and pick up asymptomatic cases. Initially, the Innova brand test was the only one approved in the UK, but now two more including the Healgen one we have available are also approved by Public Health England and validated by the Government.
These are also called high sensitivity lateral flow tests and are now being rolled out across primary care contractors. It has been found that it could be possible for as many as 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus to not show symptoms but still be infectious, so these lateral flow devices help identify and reduce spread from those individuals who appear healthy.
Lateral tests take a sample from the nose or mouth using a swab, it is then mixed with a buffer solution, with drops being added to a lateral flow device. Then the virus fragments pass along the strip within the lateral flow device where they can bind to labelled antibodies, which then shows up as a test line if the virus is detected, unlabelled antibodies provide a control line to show the test has worked. This test from Healgen screens for the SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, in the first 1-3 weeks of infection.